Publishing Sales Representatives – Part-Time
We are a small indie publishing company seeking highly motivated commission-only sales representatives to form our marketing team. The right candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as an enthusiasm to identify and secure new clients. This position will involve meeting sales objectives, managing the sales pipeline, participation in various sales-related projects, as well as developing new sales opportunities.
- Execute the sales process from prospecting, to pipeline management, to closing deals including negotiating contracts with authors.
- Drive sales performance, deliver on sales projections and evaluate marketing performance and effectiveness.
- Provide significant sales and marketing and/or industry business acumen and thought leadership through new client pursuits, billable client engagements, and creation of thought capital.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to develop account strategy, road maps, tactics.
- Develop and maintain long-term trusted relationships with company’s clients.
- Answer questions about our books and services.
- Negotiate prices, terms and prepare sales agreements.
- Collaborate with colleagues in many different sectors.
- Maintain contact lists and follow up with customers to continue relationships.
- BA/BS or equivalent required.
- 1 – 3 years proven sales experience in B2B or B2C.
- Prior experience selling services is a plus.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and type Publishing Sales Representative in the Subject field.
We are looking for individuals interested in learning about all aspects of the publishing industry. We like to say that we work with authors on books for the mind, heart, and spirit. As an intern at Escribe, you will learn just about every aspect of the indie book publishing industry. This includes the process of taking a manuscript and turning it into a marketable book. As an intern, your duties will include reviewing and responding to queries and manuscripts, research, fact-checking, sorting mail and basic administrative support.
Candidates should be motivated, well-organized, responsible, and have excellent communication skills. Interns should be willing to commit up to 15 hours per week for a minimum of one semester. Interested candidates should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and type Internship in the subject field.